Furthermore LCHF won’t make you play netball like a 20 year old when you are actually 50, or stop your husband from frustrating you at times, and it won’t make you a social media sensation over night (believe me). On a more serious note neither will LCHF protect you from stressors in your life. It won’t prevent those around you getting sick, your kids from misbehaving, your parents from aging, or your job from keeping you awake at night, it won’t prevent wicked symptoms of menopause……
What I can tell you is this; it is very likely that when you base your diet on LCHF food options and maintain this way of eating so that it becomes your norm, when life does deal you a bad hand (which it will),
- You will be more able to stand up and just deal with it
- You will have the capacity to support those around you who have had their own bad hand dealt
- You will lose weight, it may not register on the scales immediately but your body shape will change for the better – just be patient and look forward to the compliments that will come
- Time and energy once spent obsessing about losing weight will be re-channelled to areas in your life that deserve that energy (yourself, family, friends, good food choices)
- You will feel like moving more, maybe not running a marathon, just regular walks with your friends – and haven’t we all solved problems while walking and talking with friends?
What we should be focussing on are those stories implying LCHF has had a life changing impact on health issues; improving the symptoms of ADHD, autism, and skin disorders controlling type 2 diabetes, inflammatory conditions. More common and equally inspiring are the stories that most of us who have embarked on the LCHF way of eating can tell; more energy, improved skin tone, better stress management, and an improved feeling of wellbeing. And weight loss? Well for most of us weight loss will occur, however I can’t promise you how fast it will happen. A better description is that your body will most likely find a size and shape that is normal and comfortable for you.
Therefore, while LCHF may not be your magic bullet, the changes that this way of eating initiate in our middle aged bodies can only be positive. You deserve to be the best you can be, and while everyone’s ‘best’ will be different, this can be achieved primarily through eating well, moving more, and eating well………