Low Carb Lemon Yoghurt Cheesecake
Author: Julia McPhee
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 172
- Fat: 17.3g
- Saturated fat: 11.1g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Protein: 2g
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Low carb
Low Carb Lemon Yoghurt Cheesecake is a special dessert. for a special occasion. A little bit more effort required than most of my recipes but worth it.
- 1.5 - 2 cups cups Almond meal or almond flour
- 150 gms Butter (melted)
- Juice and rind of 5 medium sized Lemons
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup natural Greek yoghurt (full fat, unsweetened)
- 2 tsp Natvia
- 2 tbsp Gelatin powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Mix melted butter and almond meal. Press into 20 cm round spring form cake tin. Refrigerate until firm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water. Stir gently.
- Blend cream, yoghurt, until thick ( I use my Nutribullet but any blender will do the trick). Add lemon juice, rind, Natvia, gelatin mixture and beat until smooth. Taste and add extra Natvia or lemon juice, depending on your preference of flavour
- Place in the fridge to set. Ideally leave overnight and serve when set. This Low Carb Lemon Yoghurt Cheesecake can be served with a dollop of cream, some fresh berries, or just on its own.