Thai Flavoured Mini Quiche
Author: Julia McPhee
Recipe type: Mains/Dinner
Cuisine: Low Carb
Inspiration for this recipe came from the Parap markets in Darwin. The range of fresh Asian food is great, however not all low carb. This recipe however ticks the low carb boxes. A tasty adaption of the original quiche. Good hot or cold.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup coconut cream or cream (a combination of the 2 is an option)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 small Red onion chopped
- 1 cup spinach or Asian green sliced
- 1 small capsicum chopped
- ¼ cup Coriander or basil (or fresh herbs of your choice)
- 1 cup cooked chicken sliced in to small pieces
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- Beat eggs, cream and salt and pepper. Sautee onion, until soft and add vegetables and herbs. Cook until veges are soft and heated through then add curry paste and mix well. Add veges to egg mixture and combine. Pour into greased, muffin trays (12). Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until quiches are firm to touch and browned on top.