LCHF Vegetable Frittata
Author: Julia McPhee
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 31.7g
- Saturated fat: 19.3g
- Carbohydrates: 2.2g
- Protein: 10.4g
Recipe type: Main Meal
Cuisine: Low Carb
This LCHF Vegetable Frittata is a great addition to any low carb meal. Your family will love it and keep LCHF Vegetable Frittata leftovers for tomorrow's lunch!
- 1 cup Brocoli flowerettes and stalk
- 1 cup Cauliflower flowerettes and stalk
- 1 Zucchini sliced into 2 cm slices
- ½ cup Mushroom sliced in half
- 1 small onion sliced into large pieces (quartered)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Mustard, wholegrain (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Cheese, grated
- Steam or boil brocoli, cauliflower, and zucchini until just cooked but still very firm. Drain and cool slightly. Heat butter in a small pan and add mushrooms and onion until both have softened slightly. Place all cooked vegetables in a baking dish (20-30 cm). Beat eggs, cream and mustard, add salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables. Top with grated cheese. Bake at 180 degrees C for around 30 minutes or until the dish is firm and browned on top.
My daughter is lactose intolerant. Is there something we can substitute the cream with?
Shella, you could try coconut cream. It is quite sweet though so you would need to add some savoury flavours – mustard, chilli, garlic, ginger. Let me know how it goes. If I get a chance over the weekend I will try it myself and report back.